So while I am waiting for my blog to transfer over, I thought I’d share a little more info about me. Just in case ya’ll wanted to know 🙂
1. I’m an only child. I come from three generations of only children on my dad’s side. My partner is an only child. We are all stubborn.
2. I’m a full fledged scorpio– intensely passionate, sometimes bitter, and can hold a grudge.
3. My favorite movie is The Wizard of Oz. I just love Judy Garland so much and the story is so beautiful. I think it was a masterpiece for its time.
4. I’ve met David Lynch and told him I love his coffee at his art gallery opening.
5. I don’t want to have children, even though I have worked with children a large portion of my career. I feel like I have tons of them, I just don’t want any of my own. I am nurturing, I just don’t think I am maternal and it’s not something I am interested in.
6. I was in choir for 10 years, drama for 7. I love all forms of art, creativity and expression.
7. I didn’t eat sushi or guacamole until I met my boyfriend.
8. Weird coincidences follow me around. Best/Worst: 6 years ago, when I was single, I posted an anonymous ad on Craigslist ‘Women for Men’ (keep in mind, this is before online dating was big). Lo and behold, my real-life-work-crush responded to my ad! I couldn’t believe it. I had a crush on him for so long, but there was no way in hell I was going to $hit where I eat and tell him. Besides, I didn’t think he liked me anyway. But he responded to my anonymous ad! It was fate! We were meant to be! I contemplated how I would respond for a few days. I saw him at work and let him know that something hilarious was going to happen (I’m so smooth). I emailed him that night confessing that it was me and that I had feelings for him and I couldn’t believe this was happening. He responded something to the affect of “I’m just not that into you” OUCH! I went to work the next day and we avoided each other like the plague for a good six months. No one at work ever knew but us, but it was supremely awkward.
9. I was born a blonde, but like the fate of most blondes, went brunette. I tried to change that by dousing my hair in Sun-In when I was 13. Epic. Fail. For the past two years, I’ve gone au naturel, mostly for budget reasons. Before that I dyed my hair burgundy for about 5 years. I still miss it.
10. I suffer (slightly) from OCD. I have compulsions to check my things, especially my purse, and the lock on the door. It’s kind of embarrassing, because sometimes I will be checking my purse for an absurdly long amount of time and people will look at me and say, “do you have everything?”. I don’t want to respond to them, because it will ruin the routine. It doesn’t make any sense. Although most of my compulsions are productive, I still spend too much time doing them. This year, I am committed to trying to get better. I thought it was mostly psychological, but apparently some people say its genetic?
11. I was born 2 months early. My mom’s appendix ruptured while she was 6 months pregnant. Within a month, I had to get out of that toxic environment and was born. I was in the hospital for the first two months of my life, until I was approximately 4 lbs. I sometimes wonder if this has affected my psychologically? I will never know, I just think it’s interesting.
12. I almost minored in Philosophy until I realized it would lengthen my time in school.
13. I just want to be a cat mommy, but don’t think I can afford pets right now. 😦
14. My outlook on life has become much more positive as I get older. I wish I could tell my younger self that it does get better. I think my 15 year old self would be really impressed with who I have become today.
15. Technology scares and excites me. I was so late in the social media game and was frightened to even have an account. Sometimes I think the internet is a scary place, a timesuck, a rabbit hole where creativity goes to die. I’ve completely changed in the past year and am starting to realize the power of connections, social media and having a website. It’s a huge change/learning curve and I am enjoying it. Even though I’ve changed, I still think unplugging is so important for your sanity.
16. I believe you can learn something from everyone.
17. I’m obsessed with music and love. I’m kind of a sap and very cheesy.
18. I recently found out I am an abstainer and an obliger. An abstainer is someone who can’t “just have one”. It’s all or nothing for me. So if I am detoxing off alcohol or trying to avoid sugars, I can’t just have a sip or a bite. I will have a sip or a bite, say f it, and then have 3. As an obliger, I respond to external motivations really well. I am a good collaborator and don’t want to let people down. However, I have a hard time keeping myself to my internal motivations. I realize I need to set up external factors for my internal motivations. Lately, I’ve set an alarm for every single thing I want to accomplish and it’s really helped.
19. Sometimes I get consumed by feelings of nostalgia.
20. Starting this blog was one of the best decisions I ever made. I can’t wait to work on my new site, get creative and inspired to abolish my debt! I never thought in a million years I’d be able to pay off 9k in 7 mo on less than 30k.
Thanks for reading! Any tidbits you want me to know about you?